Your Pro Hac Vice Sponsor Attorney in Utah
If you are an out-of-state attorney with a client facing a legal matter in Utah, look no further than Freedom Legal to act as your pro hac vice sponsor. Our experienced law firm located in Payson, Utah, can provide everything necessary as you apply for admission, make preparations for litigation, and appear in our state courts. We will walk you through the differences in our state’s legal system and provide unbiased insights on your case and opposing counsel. You can trust us to have your best interests in mind.
Watch the video below for a condensed explanation on our pro hac vice service from attorney Jonathan Jaussi:
Why Freedom Legal?
Jonathan Jaussi is a pro hac vice sponsoring attorney in Utah who:
- Sponsors you in your representation in Utah courts.
- Provides engagement letter which describes the scope of representation.
- Is ready to guide you through the process of being admitted pro hac vice.
- Assists with filing of pleadings, briefs, and other papers to comply with Utah rules.
- Navigates the peculiar discovery rules and procedures found in Utah.
- Never charges hidden fees.
Utah Pro Hac Vice Procedure
In order to receive admission pro hac vice in Utah, you will need to complete the following process:
- Submit an Application: One application must be submitted for each attorney seeking admission in a case.
- Submit a Certificate of Good Standing: These should be from the highest jurisdiction where an attorney has already received admission and signed within the past 60 days. Be aware that this step can often take several weeks.
- Secure Sponsoring Local Counsel: Must be an active attorney who is in good standing and resides in Utah.
- File a Motion and Proposed Order: These must be signed by your pro hac vice sponsor attorney.
- Pay Required Court Fees: A $250 fee is required for each pro hac vice applicant per case.
It’s important to learn all that you can about this process, especially if you have never worked pro hac vice in Utah. The Utah State Bar supplies additional information on the pro hac vice admission process. Feel free to contact us anytime by calling 801-373-3366 to schedule a consultation or to arrange our services as pro hac vice sponsors.